Terms of Service
Welcome to Edanz Group (“Edanz Group”, “we”, “our”, or “us”), which operates the web site located at http://nec.edanzediting.com (the “Website”). The following Terms of Service are a legal contract between you, an individual subscriber, customer, member, or user (“You”), and Edanz Group regarding your use of the Website. Visitors and users of the Website are referred to individually as “User” and collectively as “Users”.
- Changes to the Website, Accounts, and Pricing – Edanz Group reserves the right at any time and for any reason to suspend, discontinue, terminate or cease providing access to the Website or any part thereof, temporarily or permanently. In the case of any temporary or permanent suspension, discontinuation, termination or cessation of access, Edanz Group shall use its reasonable endeavors to notify registered users of such decision in advance.You hereby agree that Edanz Group and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any changes or modifications to the Website that Edanz Group may wish to make, or for any decision to suspend, discontinue or terminate the Website or any part or parts thereof, or your possibility to use or access the same from or within any territory or territories. Edanz Group may change the features of any type of account, may withdraw or, or introduce new features, products or types of account at any time and for any reason, and may change the prices charged for Paid Accounts. In the event of any increase in the price or material reduction in the features of any Paid Account to which you have subscribed, such change(s) will be communicated to you and will only take effect with respect to any subsequent renewal of your subscription. In all other cases, where Edanz Group proposes to make changes to any type of account to which you subscribe (Paid Account or otherwise), and these changes are material and to your disadvantage, Edanz Group will notify you of the proposed changes by sending a message to your Edanz Group account and/or an e-mail to the then current e-mail address that we have for your account, at least six (6) weeks in advance. You will have no obligation to continue using the Website following any such notification, but if you do not terminate your account during such six (6) week period, your continued use of your account after the end of that six (6) week period will constitute your acceptance of the changes to your account.
- Licensed Content – All content or other materials available on the Website, including but not limited to images, text, layouts, arrangements, displays, illustrations, audio and video clips, HTML files and other content are the property of Edanz Group and are protected by copyright, patent and/or other proprietary intellectual property rights under the United States and foreign laws. In consideration for your agreement to the Terms contained here, Edanz Group grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the Website. You may download material from the Website only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer any material, nor may you modify or create derivatives works of the material. The responsibility of determining that your use of any information, software or any other content on the Website is permissible rests with you.
- Online Conduct – You agree to use the Website in accordance with all applicable laws. You further agree that you will not e-mail or post any of the following content (“Prohibited Content”) anywhere on the Website:
- Content that defames, harasses or threatens others
- Content that defames, harasses or threatens others
- Content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities, or encourages others to commit such activities
- Content that infringes or misappropriates another’s intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks or trade secrets
- Content that you do not have the right to disclose under contractual confidentiality obligations or fiduciary duties
- Material that contains obscene (i.e., pornographic) language or images
- Advertising, promotional materials, or any form of commercial solicitation
- Content that otherwise harms other users or visitors to the Website
- Content that is otherwise unlawful or that violates any applicable local, state, national or international law
- Content that probes, scans, or tests the vulnerability of any system or network
- Content that breaches or otherwise circumvents any security measures
- Content that interferes with or disrupts any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any other user or part of the Website
- Content that plants malware or otherwise uses the Website to distribute malware
Although Edanz Group does not routinely screen or monitor content posted by users to the Website, Edanz Group reserves the right to remove Prohibited Content of which it becomes aware, but is under no obligation to do so.
Copyrighted material, including without limitation software, graphics, text, photographs, sound, video and musical recordings, may not be placed on the Website without the express permission of the owner of the copyright in the material, or other legal entitlement to use the material.
In addition, as a condition of accessing the Website, you agree not to
(ii) use Edanz Group’s name, trademarks, server or other materials in connection with, or to transmit, any unsolicited communications or e-mails;
(iii) use any high-volume, automated or electronic means to access the Website (including without limitation, robots, spiders, scripts or web-scraping tools);
(iv) frame the Website, place pop-up windows over its pages or otherwise affect the display of its page; or
(v) interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website.
Finally, you agree that you will not access or attempt to access any other user’s account, or misrepresent or attempt to misrepresent your identity while using the Website.
- Representations and Warranties – You hereby represent and warrant to Edanz Group as follows:(i) Your Content, and each and every part thereof, is an original work by you, or you have obtained all rights, licences, consents and permissions necessary in order to use the Content.(ii) Your Content and the availability thereof on the Website does not and will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights, publishers’ rights, rights of privacy or publicity, or rights in confidential information.(iii) Your Content does not and will not create any liability on the part of Edanz Group, its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, and assigns, and their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and/or shareholders.Edanz Group reserves the right to remove Your Content, suspend or terminate your access to the Website and/or pursue all legal remedies if we believe that any of Your Content breaches any of the foregoing representations or warranties, or otherwise infringes another person’s rights or violates any law, rule or regulation.
- Links to Other Sites – The Website may include hyperlinks to sites maintained or controlled by others. Edanz Group is not responsible for nor does it routinely screen, approve, review or endorse the contents of or use of any of the products or services that may be offered at these sites. Edanz Group disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any harm resulting from your use of external websites, and you hereby waive any claim against Edanz Group with respect to the content or operation of any external services.
You agree that any cause of action related to the website must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
- Jurisdiction – You may not use the service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or trademark laws).
Effective as of 25-May-2017. Last updated 25-May-2017.